Not All Peers Show Up In Webui

simonszu

I have a sync for several colleagues at my university. Since my upload speed at home isn't the best, i copied the files to my server located in a datacenter, and added this server to the swarm as well.

So there's my desktop, my server and two colleagues. And i have noticed the following: The webUI of my desktop shows the colleagues, but not the server. The server shows the colleagues with their host names, and my home desktop, but only its IP:port, not its host name.

Is it normal that my desktop isn't showing the server in the WebUI, but is nevertheless syncing to it?

Also: I can't figure out what the icons mean. I read that two arrows mean that you have a direct connection in the LAN, so i think that the cloud means that you are connecting to this peer via the internet.

But i connect to both colleagues via the internet, and one colleague is showing up as two arrows and one is showing up as a cloud. 

Two arrows is as you said a direct connection whereas a cloud icon means, that you are connected to this peer through the relay server operated by Bittorrent.

The use of the relay server can be deactivated per share. You could also try to enter the IP/hostname and port of the other nodes, which would enforce a direct connection, if no firewalls are in the way. This method does however need to have static IPs or domain names, or dynamic hostnames.