Multiple Nic Or Ip Usage For Dual Wan Setup - Faster Speed...

sphen

hey everyone---

had an idea as the setup i have at one place has multiple internet connections and i can easily NAT two public IPs to different ports on the same server internally.  If BTSync was aware of this setup it could act as a server on two ports and seed files at a much faster speed as it could utilize both connections at the same time.

i have seen how currently BTSync does not want to have multiple instances of itself as it could cause major issues and race conditions - but do you think something like this could work and could be configured?

thx!

-stephen.

https://gist.github.com/sebknzl/8027609 <- If you use Linux or BSD I guess you could use that to bind the to one NIC?

If you have an API key you could always set one of the instances to not download anything, and bind it to the other address. If you don't have an API key I suppose you could try to figure out how the "selective_sync" attribute in sync.dat works, and if the client respects that setting. The file seems to be using bencoded lists.