Migrate Totally To Btsync, But I Do Have Some Questions.

Calby

Hi,
First I want to thanks every developer who has been making the BTSync app, it's perfect!

My setup: 2 x Mac LAN sync only to a NAS that sync trough LAN and internet connection and are connected with many other computers over internet, works totally fine.

But now, I have ofc other backups also TimeMachine etc. But I also want one LIVE backup with the most recent changes in just two files at my computer, one of the files are at 22GB and the other on ca 5GB.
But thing is, I only want it to backup for like every 12h as I have other backup's running also, how do I do that?

If yes how?

I have search at google but I have not found anything.

Also I really would love a explanation over all of the advanced settings in the BTSync application for Mac?

Thanks

At present you can't "schedule" Sync to only sync your files at certain times of the day. Sync is primarily a synchronization tool rather than a backup tool, and as such it is designed to keep your files and propagate changes to other devices fast as possible.

The only "workaround" at present would be to only run Sync at certain times of the day, and not at others. On Windows this could be achieved with Scheduled Tasks, on linux with cron jobs, on Mac's there's a number of potential methods.