Question About Selective Sync

alyda

So I'd like to set up BTSync to backup files from my MBP. At some point, I want to delete the files from my MBP but leave them in all other places (specifically a remote linux box). So what happens when I create a folder and use the Full access secret to connect and then remove the original folder? I also want to figure out a way I can use selective sync to delete files from my MBP (as it is very low on disk space) but keep them in all other locations.

Hi Alyda,

Currently selective Sync is not supported for Mac / Windows / Linux platforms. If you do not edit files on your MacBook Pro, you can share a Read-Only secret to it and remove files that you don't need. However, there is no mechanism to return them to MakBook selectively, only whole bunch of files. 

Another option is to set an advanced option "sync_trash_ttl" to 0 on your Linux box, so all the files that are deleted on Macbook will be moved to .SyncArchive on Linux, but never deleted.

Thanks for the info, I was planning on setting up my Linux box as you suggested, and as I do edit files on my mac I don't want to give my mac a Read-Only key. What I am most curious about though is what happens if I remove the original folder I shared (on my MBP), does it remain on my Linux box and all other devices with full access?