Sync From Vm To Physical Machine?

JM7833

I haven't been able to find the answer, it may be there but is elusive.  I have existing BTSync installed between two physical machines and installed it in VM on one system, but the distant system does not recognize the VM as a device.  Is this not possible as the VM is using the same IP as physical system?

Thanks!

J

JM7833,

It is possible to sync between real machine and VM. Please check network settings of the VM application, as it usually has several options on how to connect your guest machine to the network (NAT, bridge, emulated network, etc.).

The fact that remote machine does not see your VM indicates connectivity issue: these 2 machines can't exchange multicast packets (239.192.0.0 over UDP 3838) AND some of them (presumably VM) can't reach tracker server (t.usyncapp.com, UDP 3000).

Also, check settings of host machine firewall - it also could be the reason.

The VM is using NAT.  So just to be clear, it doesn't matter that they will look like they are the same IP address but different computer name, just as long as nothing is being blocked by the firewall and the tracker server can be reached.

Well, I guess it just needed some time.  This morning after replying to RomanZ, I fired up the VM and *poof*....working.  So now I have a BTSync instance from the physical machine AND VM pointing to another physical machine and there are two entries in the Devices tab like there should be.  Tested a couple files for sync to VM and it looks good.

Thanks for the help,

J