Read Only Folder - Only Sync Local And Not With External Clients

maikeldus

I have a server running in my local network and two clients:

• External laptop (Out of the LAN)
  • Local desktop (In LAN and same subnet)

I don't want the local desktop to sync with the external laptop, since the connection limit is the ethernet cable running from the local server to the local desktop, i dont need to sync with an external laptop.

All clients are connected in read-only modus so syncing with my external laptop has no sense. Is there any way to disable this? I've disabled the relay and tacker server on my local desktop. I've also enabled use pre-defined hosts, but it still trying to sync with my external laptop.

Anyway to fix this?

Edited by maikeldus

maikeldus,

This is the BTSync design: all available peers participate in sync. If your server communicates to Laptop with the help of Tracker server - it will immediately let Laptop know of Desktop existence (and IP addresses) and vice versa.  So, disabling tracker-relay-DHT settings on your Desktop only is not going to help.

The fact that clients are read-only does not mean that they are not going to seed data. If the data is not changes (which is assured with digital signature), RO peer is going to seed it to other peers.

I can only think of limiting bandwidth in BTSync preferences, as usually it only applies to internet connection and not to LAN. Please check if this option fits you.

I sync files of around 150mb and it goes so slow with external peers. Some of these clients only have like 100kbytes up meanwhile i have 100mbit in my LAN. Can't I prioritize clients in some sort?

Without external clients i sync with 8-10mbytes/sec, with external clients this most of the time drops to around 100-1000kbytes/sec ...

Edited by maikeldus