Server-To-Server Speed Of ~900Kb/s. Is This Normal?

zzzwaters

Hi,

I'm running Sync between my headless Ubuntu server and my seedbox (relevant connection speeds are high). 

For some reason, I only get ~900kB/s on Sync, compared to the 6MB/s I'm used to using LFTP. I realize that Sync is more robust in many respects, but I think I likely have a setting wrong. 

I'm particularly thinking about whether searching LAN and create archive should be turned OFF. And also whether I should turn ON 'predefined host'.

Best,

Zach

I'm particularly thinking about whether searching LAN and create archive should be turned OFF. And also whether I should turn ON 'predefined host'.

So, I'm assuming that your devices are on the same LAN? - in which case, disabling tracker, relay and DHT options, will ensure that Sync uses "direct" connections between devices (which are faster). Also, turning off "Search LAN" and using pre-defined hosts instead will certainly reduce the amount of traffic (specifically mutlicast traffic) on your network.

There are a couple of other advanced settings worth checking/tweaking - make sure that "rate_limit_local_peers" is set to "false", set "lan_encrypt_data" to "false", and experiment with changing "lan_use_tcp" between true/false (sometimes one gives better speeds than the other)

Awesome! That all makes sense.

I am actually on the same LAN, so unecheck everything but turn 'tracker' unchecked in the GUI? This is basically how i have it now except i have 'archive' and 'relay when necessary.'  Do I turn 'relay' or 'archive' off, just leaving 'tracker'? Any other config tips like the ones you gave for the same LAN would be appreciated.

Awesome! That all makes sense.

I am actually on the same LAN, so unecheck everything but turn 'tracker' unchecked in the GUI? This is basically how i have it now except i have 'archive' and 'relay when necessary.'  Do I turn 'relay' or 'archive' off, just leaving 'tracker'? Any other config tips like the ones you gave for the same LAN would be appreciated.

The "Store deleted files in SyncArchive" setting will have no affect on sync speed.

You don't need the "Use relay relay server when required" or the "Use tracker server" options set if you're only syncing locally within your LAN