P2P Copyright Infringement Through Sync?

So here's the situation.  I use Sync to transfer files from a client to my machine.  These are not the files in question, as they own the rights to the files and of a different, uh, "genre" than the ones in question.  Their building shares an ip address with several other businesses.  Recently one of the businesses received a cease and desist in regard to copyrighted material being bit-torrent transfered from that ip address, at which time everybody in the building turned their attention to Bittorrent Sync.  I suspect one of the other machines has a torrent program that was hacked and is causing the issue, but my client is nervous that Sync could be the culprit.  My question is this-

Is it even possible for Sync to be used in this manner?  As I understand it, it's not part of a p2p network, so I'm not sure it's even possible for copyrighted content to be distributed in this manner, without us seeing it in our folders and on a scale any larger than our three machines.  My client is now questioning whether to continue using this program, so I'd appreciate some input.  Thanks.

You'd just have to post the share key somewhere public, like a forum. :P Sync is not inherently public - how you manage access to the key determines that.

Since it'd sync to the rest of you, it'd have to be a separate shared folder/key in this case.

Again, it's highly unlikely that someone has actually done so, and much more likely that it was done with a traditional torrent client.

You'd just have to post the share key somewhere public, like a forum. :P Sync is not inherently public - how you manage access to the key determines that.

Since it'd sync to the rest of you, it'd have to be a separate shared folder/key in this case.

Again, it's highly unlikely that someone has actually done so, and much more likely that it was done with a traditional torrent client.

Thanks, that's along the lines of what I figured.  Very unlikely.  Especially since it would also require a new instance of Sync so it wouldn't show up in the folders tab, a person in the building willing and capable to do all that, and then the copyright holder getting wind of all this on top of it.  Possible maybe, but much less likely than a torrent program getting hacked on another machine...