Way To Sync A Folder And Include The Folder Name Not Just Subdirectories?

pmilb

Say I want to sync a folder "F1" and it has subfolders "S1", and "S2". When i add the folder F1 to bittorrent sync, on my device I have a choice of the subfolders directly. Is there a way to have it list F1 and then make the user click into it to see S1 and S1? Also, F1 is in a folder that has other folders in it also that I don't want synced (i.e. "F2" "F3" etc.)

Your best option for your scenario would be to create individual syncs for your "S1" and "S2" folders, instead of syncing the parent "F1" folder

Don't think this will work for us, as the name F1 is what we are trying to preserve since it has meaning. S1 and S2 are not specific without knowing they belong to F1

Don't think this will work for us, as the name F1 is what we are trying to preserve since it has meaning. S1 and S2 are not specific without knowing they belong to F1

Remember, you don't have to sync folder names "like for like"!

Instead of syncing "S1" on a user's device to "S1" on your "master" device and "S2" on another user's device to "S2" on your "master" - the folder's can be called anything!

So on your user devices, have an "F1" folder on both, but sync one of these back to and "S1" folder on your master, and the other to an "S2" folder on your master!

Your uses will then all be accessing a folder on their local device named "F1", yet each user's own "F1" folder will sync with a different location on your "master"