403 Error On User Guide

Hi Guys,

I've just downloaded and installed BTSync on my desktop and VPS and it's doing an excellent job - I got a Box trial with my phone and while 50GB is nice to have it doesn't have the functionality of BTSync.

I'm trying to have a look at the manual, though, hosted at "http://btsync.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/BitTorrentSyncUserGuide.pdf" given in the FaQ, but I'm getting a 403 Forbidden when I try and access it. This is with both Firefox and IE on Win 7 64-bit.

403 Forbidden•Code: AccessDenied•Message: Access Denied•RequestId: C6AF07FDF65817F1•HostId: EsyOqhhJri/zlL/x+2dJNDdbAPJBtHA1QsPCC71iJiCb0Hj7ZwZ7cFFaQoi5ALUYAn Error Occurred While Attempting to Retrieve a Custom Error Document•Code: AccessDenied•Message: Access Denied

Any solution, or wait it out?

The link is working correctly for me - are you trying to access via a corporate network, or do you (or your ISP) employ any filtering software which may be blocking your access to this resource?

Some other users have reported similar issues in the past over in this thread and this thread. In these previous instances, users that encountered this issue accessing BitTorrent Sync resources on Amazon Cloud were either accessing from the Ukraine, or from the UK and their ISP was Sky Broadband.

What country are you in, and who is your ISP?

UK, Sky Broadband. I guess that's the issue.

Yep, I guess Sky's filter's are a little too "broad", and rather than just banning access to certain torrent sites like the pirate bay, etc (which all UK ISPs are now required to do by law), they're also incorrectly banning anything P2P related!

FYI, I can access the User Manual via the link in your original post via both Virgin Media and EE, so it looks like this is a Sky-specific "block".

Sky do have a report miscategorized site page on their site, so it may be worth reporting this to them!