Multi Folder Sync

Hi

I would like to sync the music folder on my media server with the music folders on my desktop and laptop, but TOO the media pc only. This would be so any CD I rip on either my desktop or laptop gets synced to the media server, but the music folders on the desktop or laptop don't get bloated with everything on the media server (my wife has music on there!).

Is this possible? I tried setting up a read only sync on the media pc but it would only let me do that once, so I couldn't add the second machine that way. Am I missing something, or is this a limitation of how Btsync works?

Excellent sync solution btw

Cheers!

@nomarky

You can do that in next way:

desktop - add music folder with RW secret

laptop - add music folder with same RW secret

media PC - add music folder with corresponding RO secret

In this case desktop and laptop will sync their music to media PC without taking anything from there. Also, by default they would not overwrite anything with the same filename and different content.

Though, desktop and laptop are going to merge their music folders - as they have both the same RW secret. If you want to avoid that and keep desktop and laptop music folders separate - you have to make 2 different secrets, one for desktop and one for laptop. Then you'll need to add 2 separate folders on media PC with corresponding RW secrets. You can't sync 2 separate folders from different PCs into one folder on 3rd computer.