Seeded Sync

ArtGPP

Hello,

I'm brand new to BitTorrent and I have, what could very well be a stupid question. Please keep in mind that I am a graphic designer and know far less about this stuff than the vast majority of the people on here.

I work for a small company that has two locations. One is where artwork is created and the other is where we print. We store our artwork (and other files) on a Drobo 5N at the first location but we would like to be able to let the other location access them as well. This is what brought me to BitTorrent Sync. I am running the program on my machine and I plan to take an external drive to the other location, attach it to a computer down there, network it, and run the program on a machine down there. I am thinking it would cut down on the sycning time if I copy the current versions of the files on to the external hard drive and then take it to the other location and set it up at the other. I am wondering if doing so will mess up anything. Say I copy a file now and due to the volume of files we have, I don't get the drive to our other location for a week and the file changes in the meantime. When I get the drive set up, can I just point the the program at the existing files on the drive and it will update to the most current versions?

Thanks,

Rachel

Yes - there is no problem "copying" files between your devices first before adding the locations to Sync. Sync will index each of them, and provided they are all in sync, nothing will transfer. If not, only those files which have changed since you manually "copied" files across will sync.