Is It Ok: Big Sync Delay

b0rman

Hi!

Is it normal situation when files are syncing with a delay (for example 10 minutes or something)?

I mean that I have 2 PCs and may be 10 folders to sync. I'm making (or changing) new files and subfolders in sync folders and have to wait a couple of minutes (up to 10 or even more) to see it on another PC.

@b0rman

There are 2 mechanisms detecting file changes.

1) System notifications. BTSync asks OS to notify changes in sync folders. This one is not 100% reliable in certain cases (some OSes, excessive amount of directories OR excessive depths or dirs, etc.)

2) Folder rescan. Once per period (600 seconds by default) BTSync rescans sync folders for changes just in case if method #1 failed.

According to your description the way #1 is not working well and OS does not send notifications by some reason. How many folders / files do you have? What is the structure of folders? Is it flat or extremely deep?

@b0rman

There are 2 mechanisms detecting file changes.

1) System notifications. BTSync asks OS to notify changes in sync folders. This one is not 100% reliable in certain cases (some OSes, excessive amount of directories OR excessive depths or dirs, etc.)

2) Folder rescan. Once per period (600 seconds by default) BTSync rescans sync folders for changes just in case if method #1 failed.

According to your description the way #1 is not working well and OS does not send notifications by some reason. How many folders / files do you have? What is the structure of folders? Is it flat or extremely deep?

There are something like 200k files in 6 sync folders. It's not flat.

May be the problem is that disks mounted with noatime attribute?