Once More About Ports Mapping

b0rman

Hi!

I have scenario with 2 servers.

Server 1 is in LAN and behind firewall (NAT).

Server 2 is in another country, it's WAN, no firewall (for now).

Server 2 have OpenVPN connection to Server 1 LAN.

I need to sync servers via external IPs and I don't want to use OpenVPN tunnel for P2P.

So:

I mapped Server 1 port on firewall and added IP:port of Server 2 to Server 1 sync folder hosts and external_IP:mapped_port of Server 1 to Server 2 sync folder hosts. All other checkboxes I turned off.

The problem is:

Sync is slow in such way - I have to wait for 7 minutes or something (force_rescan is 120s). When I turn on relay and tracker on both servers everything became faster - may be 1 minute, but there is a traffic in VPN tunnel.

So what ports should I map to sync fast in this scenario with external IP and avoid using OpenVPN tunnel?

@b0rman

According to your description - you mapped ports and configured predefined hosts correctly. Only one thing I could think of is checking your route tables to make sure that traffic to designated ip goes to correct interface.

Also, can you please elaborate - what do you mean under "slow"? Is there some latency while traffic starts to glow or the bandwidth itself?

Hi!

Slow I mean "with really big delay" :)

Actually if I'll update routes, then OpenVPN tunnel will not work not even for btsync but for database replication also - tha's not good.

Is it possible to force btsync to use only hosts that I set in webui?