Ios Photo Backup Question

drjones

I'd like to use BTSync to backup the photos on my iPhone I can't find a clear answer to my one question:

If I sync photos to a PC via BTSync and then delete them from my iPhone, do the pictures remain on the PC?

Can I get the BTSync iOS app to do this?

Thanks

@drjones

The pictures will remain on PC if you delete them on iOS device. Please note, that due to iOS peculiarities photos won't backup automatically in background. To back them up you need to open BTSync explicitly.

Thank you - is that the default behavior for the BTSync iOS photo backup?

I'm aware the app needs to remain open for backup.... Thank you for the help.

Edited by drjones

Just to post a clarification:

I thought you meant the app had to be open & running at all times in order for it to function - this isn't the case. You do have to open the app for it to backup, but it will continue to backup, as long as you leave it open & running in the background.

I guess what is meant is that this is not an automatic backup; meaning if you do not open the app, it won't automatically backup your photos.

That's fine, but I'm glad to see that it does run in the background and still work......

• 11 months later...

Without doubt, you can use iTunes to backup your photos to the computer. But if you want a quick way to do that. As a professsional manage software. This is a good iTunes alternative which can be used to transfer files to the computer and save them as backup files. It supports iPhone/iPad/iPod touch and you can give it a try to backup iOS photos to computer.

Without doubt, you can use iTunes to backup your photos to the computer. But if you want a quick way to do that. As a professional manage software. This is a good iTunes alternative which can be used to transfer files to the computer and save them as backup files. It supports iPhone/iPad/iPod touch and you can give it a try to backup iOS photos to computer.

If you have tried it and something has gone wrong, you can apply iCloud to backup your iOS photos.

Edited by hardriley