Difference Between Full And Read Only Access

Ascar

Hello,

I have set up my first folder on desktop to sync to my android phone.  Syncing works.

I want to understand where is the difference between the read only and full access?  I seem to be unable to do anything with the files synced to the phone other than opening them - I can't delete, I can't copy or move them.  I tried long-pressing or calling the menu but none of these worked.

So, if it is full access - does it not mean that I should be able to delete a file on the phone and it will then get deleted on the laptop?

Thanks for clarifications

Ascar

I want to understand where is the difference between the read only and full access?

In a nut shell, changes to files in a folder which has a Read-Only secret will be ignored and won't propagate to other devices. Changes made to files in a folder which has a Full-Access secret will propagate to other devices.

In relation to your Android issue - are you sure the files are actually on your Android device? The mobile app works slightly differently to the desktop in that it lists all files in the folder on another device (i.e. your desktop) and then allow you to select which to sync to your mobile device. Therefore the list of files displayed doesn't mean all those files are on your device (i.e it's essentially just a "remote view" of the list of files on your desktop, until you select which specific files from the list you wish to sync with your mobile device)

• 2 weeks later...

GreatMarko, thank you for replying.

I am not 100% positive that the files are on my phone :)  - however when I filter them to show only "On Device" files - I see a whole bunch with blue chekmarks next to them - so, the files are synced?

And now I turned WiFi and Mobile Data off and I still can open the files on the phone - doesn't it mean that the files are on my phone and I am seeing not just a list of files from the desktop?

I guess I was not long-pressing properly before.  It worked for me now to switch to selection mode by long-pressing on 1 file and then I can select as many files as I need.  So, once the files are selected - what can I do with them?  I still can't find any menus to delete, move files etc.  After I selected the files I tried pressing the "Sync" button and I get a message saying "No files to sync".