Anyone Having Drive Issues?

PacketMan

So first I am asking questions, not making statements.  :)   But I gotta ask.

I have never had any issues with any hard drives for machines I have owned and/or operated. A few months ago (5 or 6 or so) I installed BT Sync on several machines.  Now two of those machines have pretty much become useless.  I am still troubleshooting but here is what I know so far.  It doesn't look like I have any bad sectors, corrupt data, etc.  What it does look like is the machine has an issue trying to do I/O to the drive.  One machine is so shagged up I can't even log into its GUI to read logs and stuff. But I can slowly but surely get my data off it.  My other machine is a new Windows 8.1 machine. When I can finally get task manager running it shows me disk active flat lines at 100%, r/w rates around 8KB/s (instead of MB/s) and latency can shoot up  in the tens of thousands of milliseconds.  What gets me is this happens only at boot up, (or wake up from sleep mode) and then is fine about 30 minutes later.

So I got to thinking, my files being synced change often. These files in theory would mostly sit in the same spot on the disk.  So I wonder, if there could be any conseqences to doing a lot of R/W to a very small section of the disk.  But if there could be conseqences would that show up as bad sectors, versus general overall disk I/O acccess.

I've done a bunch of troubleshooting, and got lots more troubleshooting to do, but I gotta ask the question:  Has anyone had any kind of drive issues since using BT Sync on that drive?