Correct Sync Behaviour

Hi,

Does anyone know what logic is used by Sync to decide what to do about deleted files? 

I've stripped back my usage of Sync to a simple document folder across a number of machines (OSX, Win7 & Linux) but I'm forever seeing files/folders that I've deleted reappearing.

I expect to be able to delete a file or folder and for that file/folder to be removed from all of the other clients. If all client machines are online and connected (and fully synchronised) at the time of deletion then everything works fine.  If any of the machines happen to be off (which is usually the case) then I'm generally seeing deleted files/folders reappearing when the missing machine is reconnected.

Am I missunderstanding what btsync is supposed to do?  Any words of wisdom appreciated as I'm finding it a little frustrating!

@markymark77

Let me split your scenario in 2 (difference in bold):

1. Peer A is offline, Peer B deletes file, Peer C follows B. Nothing is changed on peer A. When A comes online, file is restored on B and C.

2. Peer A is offline, Peer B deletes file, Peer C follows B. Peer A changes the deleted file while Sync is off (actual change time does not matter). When A comes online, file is restored on B and C.

Scenairo #1 is a bug. Scenario #2 is actually by design.

If you've got #1 (i.e. the peer which was offline did not change anything in affected file (not even mtime) - could you please collect debug logs from all 3 peers and drop me for analysis?