1.4.83 Beta On Synology Ds213+ Every File Created By Btsync User Is Read Only

Hi,

I'm running btsync_ppc_quoriq-1.4.83 Beta (not the synocommunity one) on my DS213+. I have a file permission issue, every file created by the btsync user is set to read only?

To be able to get sync to work I have to manually chmod every directory created by the btsync user after it is created. Then it works and sync starts syncing the files. Every synced file will also end up in read only state.. kind of frustrating also.

The btsync user is in the group users which I have given R/W permissions for the specified shared sync folder.

I want every synced file to end up in R/W permission not as R only.

I don't understand why this is happening. It's frustrating : ) Anyone else who has faced this problem and solved it? Or anyone have an idea on how to solve it is welcome to contribute.

BR Mathias

welcome to the bane of my life right now.... please see:

http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/31047-qnap-file-permissions-can-not-resolve-using-normal-methods/

http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/31301-btsync-14-on-synology-nas-official-package/

For now, it seems the developers took a conscious decision not to replicate permissions, thus they will replicate your files but prevent you from editing them.

I really hope they sort this out as a priority, its hugely detrimental to the software IMO.