General Use Questions

bb220

Hi guys,

I have just found out about BitTorrent Sync and have a couple of questions I can't figure out 

When I'm at home and want to sync folders from my Mac to my IOS device, does the Syncing happen through my wifi? If it does how will I know it is, and not ripping through my mobile data?

Secondly, if I sync video files from my Mac to the IOS device, do these files save onto the memory space of my device or what? 

Thanks 

@bb220

iOS usually keeps only one NIC available for the apps. So if you have your iOS device connected to wifi - traffic goes to wifi. Once wifi is out of range / off - iOS will pump the traffic thru your mobile network. 

You can do a simple test - if you've got a wifi router, connect your iOS device to it then make sure router is disconnected from internet.  Observe the fact that your iOS is connected to wifi, but can't browse internet.

Also, you can restrict Sync from using mobile data, so when your iOS switches to 3G - Sync will stop actual data transfers.