A Question About Using Pending Request

damenchoy

I am quite new to BitTorrent Sync. I am now testing a usage scenario:

I setup a remote machine (Uubuntu 14.04) in my office and run the BT Sync script there.

I then setup a shared folder there (Read/Write access) and send myself using an email with an access link. I use the default setting that requires a permssion request ("Peers I invite must be approved on this device".)

I powered off the machine when I left my office.

I then went home and checked my email to activate the sharing link in my email. I am using a Windows 7 64 bit machine with the latest BT sync software installed.

I then created a shared folder for the sharing. My home machine indicated that the sharing is pending for approval.

Next day, when I went back to my office, I powered on my Linux machine, fired up the BT sync script, and in my GUI interface (http://localhost:8888/gui/), I could not  locate the pending request. There was just nothing under the notification icon.

So I cannot establish the sync connection for this test.

My question is:

1) Do I have to power on the Linux machine when someone is sending a sharing request using the email link I created?

2) It the answer to the first question is affirmative, then I have to power on my machine for sharing the sync folder all the time whenever I send an email link to others for sharing my folder? And I cannot power it off unless I receive the sharing request from my peers. This would be quite inconvenient.

Anyone has any comments for my questions?

Thanks,

Damen

Edited by damenchoy