Is There A Reason Why Bittorrent Sync Client Has No .torrent Download?

unphased

So my internet connection became super flaky today for some reason (turned out it was just my Wifi AP being flaky, but that is irrelevant!) and I found myself waiting forever for the updater to run. 

The updater (1.4.104 on OS X 10.10.2 if you must know) basically just croaked and gave up on me, so I went to the webpage. Lo and behold I get CDN download links that are sending me the 5MB installer at ~6K/sec.

So... yeah I understand that this is a system that works pretty well, yada yada yada, standard webpage deployment procedures... 

But this isn't just any random old software download we're talking about. This is BITTORRENT SYNC! It's in the freakin' name!

If for no other reason than internal consistency can you guys mirror a torrent for downloading the BT Sync client? 

I consider torrents to be vastly more secure than regular file downloads. It's inherent in the design of the protocol itself. I always wonder why people do not realize this.

Edited by unphased

Not everyone who uses, or wishes to use Sync, will also have a regular torrenting client installed as well. (i.e. Sync user's at work, rather than at home, are unlikely to be running/allowed to run a torrenting client in work, etc)

Also, please bear in mind that Sync is currently in Beta - new "beta" build are being made available all the time. Making what's presently the "latest" beta build available via a torrent download would then mean that BitTorrent Inc no longer have control over its distribution - i.e. when a newer "beta" build subsequently becomes available, there's nothing to stop older, obsolete, builds still being "seeded" via torrent downloads.

For these reasons, Sync should only be obtained from official download locations, which are presently getsync.com, or via direct links posted by administrators/moderators in "pinned" threads in these forums.