Sync With Curlftpfs / Operation Not Supported

tekman54190

Hi everyone,

First of all, a big thank you for the Bittorrent Sync app, works like a charm :)

I have just a little question, I use the app to syncrhonize all my personal folders and I have a dedicated server with limited amount of space. I discovered few days ago that I have an additional FTP backup space available in the datacenter. 

I have the FTP mounted using curlftpfs on Centos, but when I try to sync folder, I have an access error :

[20150310 20:51:28.724] Can't open file /media/BTSync/Selection Photos/.sync/ID with mode 66 permissions 666 - 95 Operation not supported

After few searches, I saw that the ftp filesystem does not support the temporary files. This issue can occur also with rsync, the parameter --temp-dir has to be passed to create temp files/folder in another file system. 

Do you think it could be possible with bittorrent sync? like the rsync option, it would be great to have the possibility to move the tmp folder into another mount point. 

Thanks again and I hope someone can help me with this issue.

Have a nice end of day. 

• 2 weeks later...