Getting Started My Manually Copying Files Into Folders

bretteast

Hi,

I want to start syncing some folders across two computers, but they are quite large in size - 35Gb+, this is a problem because my internet is quite slow and this would take days and days.

I'm more than happy to just copy the contents of the folders on to a hard drive and then copy them across the two computers to get started. I just can't work out the best way to do this.

Do I have to share the folders from one computer and then copy the contents into the folder once I have shared it? Or can I link two identical folders between two computers (if so, I can't see how)?

Thanks very much,

You can transfer the files in advance, if you share it as read/write. I already did this a view times (with 1.4).

But in 2.0 there have been some changes to the was folders are added, e.g. in Android the folder where the shared data will be put in must not exist when adding it to btsync. It was possible in 1.4. Unfortunately the is no message whatsoever when you try to use an already existing folder and the folder is not added.

I had to

1. rename the already existing folder
  2. add the new shared folder in btsync
  3. uncheck the "sync all" setting in the folder details
  4. move the data to the intended folder, which was created by btsync
  5. recheck the "sync all" setting in the folder details

The linux version does not have that problem.