[Solved] How To Enable The Login Function In Windows 7?

sendjerry

Hi everyone,

I am new in this furum. I recently started to use SYNC for my desktop windows 7 and Mac Air. When I installed SYNC 1.4 in my windows 7, I could not enable the login function. It just showed GENERAL and ADVANCED in the Perferences window but no LOGIN. Can anyone solve this problem for me? Thank you.

"LOGIN" is only available if running Sync in WebUI mode, instead of "windowed" mode (which is the default on Win 7 if you have IE9 or later installed).

You'll need to start BTSync.exe with a /WEBUI command switch - you'll then be able to access Sync in your browser (i.e. http://127.0.0.1:8888), and you'll have the "LOGIN" tag available on the Preferences window.

I have another question.  When I restarted my WINDOWS 7, it still ran in windowed mode. How can I make it run in WEBUI mode when I restart my WINDOWS 7? I have IE 11 installed in my WINDOWS 7. Thank you.

Modify the shortcut which starts Sync when you login (which you'll either find in your Start Menu -> Programs -> Startup, or in the Registry (HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Run)) to include the /WEBUI switch