Sync Two Folders On The Same Device From Same Source

Jake2

Hi

Newbie here.

I wanted to know if it was possible to Sync two folders on the same device from one source. I want to keep some emails in sync but also keep separate backup on the same machine on a different drive, just in case the drive fails.

Can't mirror the disk/drive under Windows, as I just want one folder and I don't want to install yet another sync software/service/start up as it will invariably involve even more monitoring. 

Is that possible?

Edited by Jake2

You will need to run btsync twice on that computer.

One which is sharing the original e-mail folder, and one that is "receiving" the sync to save it on the other drive.

I don't really know how to do it in windows though.

As you probably want to local "sync" to be one way only, I would do that with robocopy, which is a windows internal tool to copy/mirror a folder to another. It would be like "robocopy <SOURCE> <DESTINATION> /MIR". This can be started as a regular scheduled job or you can use a combination of /MON:n and /MOT:n where n is the amount of changed files / elapsed time for a resync and have it in your windows startup.