Help: Hot-Starting New Link Devices

CT1

I'm trying to use Sync 2.0 to keep backup copies of 5TB of files that will eventually be offsite. When I link a new device, it takes 4-5 days for sync to transfer all of that data from the original device to the new device. Sync is pretty fast, but still only ~ 20% of the speed I get doing a plain file copy. I'd much rather have all the files on the new device and just have sync index them and make sure they are the same as the first device. But, every attempt I've tried has resulted in sync wanting to create new folders (with (1) after them) and re-copy EVERY file over again. It's a real issue, and one that will probably prevent me from using Sync if I can't resolve.

The question, then, is: How can I link a new device which already has all (or most) of the files that the original device has, without forcing them to be re-copied?

Thanks!

If you have a folder on pc a with data and copy it to another machine and add it to sync with the same link it's hashing it and that is all. It's not copying anything. It has to be in the same exact spot as on pc a and you're good.

This is what I do (and I'm sure it's not necessary, but I since I don't want to lose anything, I still just do it like this):

1. Find the original folder and rename it to "...old" so if it's "documents" it's now "documents old"
  2. Add the sync again, and that creates the new folder "documents." 
  3. Press pause on that computer, and move the "old" contents into the new one that had just been created.
  4. Press resume sync
  5. Done!

It has never failed me yet, and I have done this about 5-6 times since I don't want to sync 60gb of data again. Haha. I can't imagine syncing 5TB of data! Uff....