Why Does The Androip App Use So Much Internal Storage?

I love this app, but why does it need 150 MB of internal storage on my phone? I might have to uninstall it to save internal storage space, even though I have enough SD card space (where the data to be synced is stored). I can't imagine meta-data or indexes taking up so much space.

Cheers,

Christian

@aero-super

Sync stores directory trees available for syncing in internal DB, and its size proportional to amount of files and their volume (as it also stores hashes for all file pieces, files themselves and directories).

There is an option in Android to move application to external storage - you can move your Sync to ExtSD to not to occupy precious internal storage space. Just don't forget to shut Sync down before moving.

Hi @RomanZ

As far as I know, since Android 4.4 the "Move to SD" feature is no longer officially supported. My phone does not support moving apps to the SD card. You can hack around it if you have root permissions or a customized version of Android, but I would not like to do that.

Unfortunately I think I won't be able to use BitTorrent Sync until I get a new phone. I'm testing alternatives that use less space.