Alternatives To Bittorrent Sync

yuriym

I had been a fan of bittorrent sync 1.3, and found it to be of great help. Especially important feature for me (and probably many other people here) is the ability to setup shares by myself, without going through a 3rd party server. Now with each new "release" btsync goes way and way down. With btsync 2, now I can't even find an option for getting the share key out of a folder. What's the point of btsync if I need to go though some weird link to getsync.com just to add a share? I will just go and use Dropbox if I wanted to do that---it's both more user friendly and less buggy. And Thank You but No, I don't want to install btsync 2 just to connect a share to my other btsync 1.3 client. I've had enough of that crap from Apple.

I've been trying to stick to 1.3, but as time goes protocol collisions appear to come up as new users join my shares having (I suppose) downloaded the new and "improved" btsync. So, I just made this account to post this feedback for the devs, in hope they do read this forum. Stop messing with once a really successful software. Already 1.4 turned away a lot of people due to "dumbed-down" interface that noone asked for or wants now. Now the straight jacket of btsync 2 is gonna be the last drop for many. Stop, or the project will go down the drain the way of Mandriva, let that be a warning for you all.

And of course, if anyone can post info for a comparable---but not overrun by clueless MBAs---replacement for btsync, I'd be really thankful to that pal. The old version of btsync is still an option for now, but it appears to get more and more broken in the way of the inconsistencies in the protocol with the new clients, which is likely to make it become unusable in the near future.

Edited by yuriym