Viewing Hyperlinks In Sync For Ios

NDHF

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this topic.

I have a sync folder filled with HTML documents. The documents include hyperlinks to each other. For example, a page might include a link back to the index.

In my Sync folders on OS X Yosemite and Windows 8, I can click on the links and they go to the right pages. However, in the Sync app for iOS, none of the links seem to work.

I assume this has more to do with folders on iOS than Sync itself. Has anyone encountered this problem, or found a solution?

Edited by NDHF

I assume this has more to do with folders on iOS than Sync itself.

Indeed - this isn't specifically a Sync issue, it will be due to hyperlinks within your HTML documents themselves.

For example, if the hyperlinks point to locations relative to the HTML file itself, and those resources have not also been synced accordingly, the hyperlinks will fail.

Similarly, if the hyperlinks point to "absolute" resource locations, but these locations are specific to the original device where the HTML file as created, they won't necessarily work from other devices.

Bottom line - hyperlinks in HTML files link to external resources - Sync doesn't change/alter/reformat/update links within HTML documents when syncing. Therefore if original hyperlinks point to resources that are not also present/reachable on the device(s) you've synced the HTML file(s) to, they won't work.

This isn't a Sync issue.