off site backups 35+ locations

sgtwtf

A company I work for supports 35+ business. The issues we are having is the software we use for back ups sucks for sending the data for off site copies. Several times we have had to go onsite and make a copy of the back up and bring it back and seed the the offsite so the transfer can keep up. Every so often we need to do that as the FTP connection that it is sending it over is painfully slow. We contacted the vendor and they said nothing is wrong. We don't see why any one location can't transfer 200GB in 48 hours.  

So we have background established my questions are: Is data validated to ensure it's integrity? Are there any limiting factors with transfer speeds? Can you set it to sync on a schedule? 

7 hours ago, sgtwtf said:

Is data validated to ensure it's integrity?

Yes - Every file is split to "Pieces" when transferred. To ensure data integrity, Sync hashes every piece of file (and then later hashes all hashes to get the checksum for the whole file).

Are there any limiting factors with transfer speeds?

Please see the following Help Center Articles:

Download/Upload Speed is very slow

How can I improve data transfer sync speed

Can you set it to sync on a schedule? 

Not natively at present, however, please consider adding your voice/vote to this thread in the Feature Request forum.

In the meantime, a "workaround" would be to setup a Scheduled Task (or equivalent) on your OS to run/exit Sync on a schedule.