Archival Config Options

kewiha

Is there a config option (specifically for the linux version) that allows all files deleted or changed to be moved to the archive, instead of overwriting them? I use BTSync for assignments and such, it would be great if every time I changed something, my linux server would keep a copy of each successive version as I overwrite them on my laptop.

The accumulation of old files isn't a concern, nor is transferring bigger files every single time they change.

Thanks!

@kewiha Sync keeps all files changed or deleted on other peers in Archive by default. So, in your case files that are changed / deleted on linux will be me moved to archive on laptop and vice versa.

There are several settings that affect this behavior:

1. Folder preferences may restrict moving files to archive. Can be different for every folder.
  2. sync_trash_ttl (see power options) controls on how long files are stored. "0" means "forever", 30 days by default.
  3. max_file_size_for_versioning controls the maximum file size in megabytes. If file exceeds this value, only only one copy of this file will be stored in archive (no versioning).

For Linux, you can either specify these vars in WebUI or put them directly in your config file.