Workgroup product use seat vs device

RG101

Hello,

I am interested in the workgroup product, to replace the soon defunct Logitech cubby product.

Just purchased a workgroup license for testing, and have some questions.

Our office has a central server, with specific data directories synced to user notebook directories for office and field work.

Additionally several users have both notebooks and home desktops that also sync to the same directory on the central server.

I am confused about "ID" and license for the server and user device installations.

ID admin, for server, enter license, 2 seats available.

ID user1, for first user, separate license, 2 seats available, second seat used for user1 second device? or can user1 have two devices, how to configure with single license?

I found article about linking under Pro, does this apply to workgroup?

Thanks for your recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2016 at 10:00 PM, RG101 said:

Hello,

I am interested in the workgroup product, to replace the soon defunct Logitech cubby product.

Just purchased a workgroup license for testing, and have some questions.

Our office has a central server, with specific data directories synced to user notebook directories for office and field work.

Additionally several users have both notebooks and home desktops that also sync to the same directory on the central server.

I am confused about "ID" and license for the server and user device installations.

ID admin, for server, enter license, 2 seats available.

ID user1, for first user, separate license, 2 seats available, second seat used for user1 second device? or can user1 have two devices, how to configure with single license?

I found article about linking under Pro, does this apply to workgroup?

Thanks for your recommendations.

There is the following workflow. Each user (person) has to have his own license seat you need to share with him. Additionally, every user can link unlimited number of his own devices to his identity (every user has different identity and different license (license ID) that makes his device activated). Thus, you have N users (including you as a "master" user i.e. a license owner), N license seats under your license and every user (you shared a license seat with) has desired number of his own devices linked to his identity and thus licensed.