Switching networks cannot find peers unless desktop app closed and started again

dimension7

Hello,

I have sync running on a windows laptop which travels between my home WiFi network and my work WiFi network. The laptop sleeps in between those.

What I observe is that when the laptop wakes up from sleep and connects to a different network than it was last connected to, sync does not find any peers unless the app is closed and started again. At which point the new peers appear instantly.

I am using LAN only sync (tracker and relay turned off). I am using Sync Pro.

Is there a way to improve this? I think the app should automatically re-scan for peers on the LAN when the IP address changes or the network name changes.

22 hours ago, dimension7 said:

Hello,

I have sync running on a windows laptop which travels between my home WiFi network and my work WiFi network. The laptop sleeps in between those.

What I observe is that when the laptop wakes up from sleep and connects to a different network than it was last connected to, sync does not find any peers unless the app is closed and started again. At which point the new peers appear instantly.

I am using LAN only sync (tracker and relay turned off). I am using Sync Pro.

Is there a way to improve this? I think the app should automatically re-scan for peers on the LAN when the IP address changes or the network name changes.

Hello,

We had some issues in old version of the app, but Sync 2.4.2 has no such issues and it should track these changes. Which version do you use on your computers? If it's not 2.4.2, please update Sync on both peers. If the issues still persists after upgrading the app - please reproduce it again and then collect debug logs on both peers and then submit to us, also specify time when the test was performed to find the corresponding time in the logs.