Lost all connections/settings. Now what?

DiBe

Hello all,

I have had resilio running in the tray for some months to sync some folders between a PC, a notebook and a NAS. Now, after some weeks of thinking that everything runs smoothly in the background, I opened the resilio window on the notebook again and it asked me to create an identity! Somehow it seems to have lost all settings and was no longer syncing with the other two devices for some weeks already.

How could that have happened? How can resilio so quietly just stop working and loose all settings? There were no error messages or notifications.

Where does resilio usually save the settings/setup? Could I maybe somehow reactivate those settings and have the syncing continue?

If I can't find/restore the settings, should I be able to just link the folders again and have the sync continue without coyping all files again? Anything I need to watch for doing this?

My trust in resilio is a bit shaken. How can I prevent this from happening again? Or how can I detect this when it does? Does anyone have an idea for a failsave method that would alert me when syncing is no longer working?

Any help is much appreciated - Thanks!

Dirk