Old Bittorrent Sync 2.3.8 and the workplace

NMGMarques

Hi all.

Let me start by saying I mean no disrespect, just in case the following lines come across that way.

That said, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I use Bittorrent Sync and now Resilio in my home environment to sync my Pictures folder between my home "server" and my laptop. This solution is working well for my limited needs. More recently I have been doing some work from home on my own laptop and the copying the files to dropbox and then downloading them at work to my PC. More than once something has gone wrong and I had no way of getting the files I had worked on at home.

I was considering installing Resilio on the work pc to sync a folder from my laptop to my work pc, but then it dawned on me to read the license and I think I can't do this without purchasing or paying a subscription or whatnot. Since this is for my own personal gain, corporate won't sign off on it since it's too expensive for my needs. They'll rather I continue as thus far or use a usb drive or something or other.

However, if I am not mistaken, early versions of Bittorrent Sync were free for commercial use, and again, if I am not mistaken. Now I know I'll be missing out on the latest bells and whistles and won't be able to do much beside simple syncing of the folders over internet with the basic older Bittorrent Sync versions, but am I correct in my previous assumption, and if so, would it be copacetic (read: legal) to install Bittorrent Sync version 2.3.8 on the work pc?

Again, I apologise if I shouldn't be bringing this up in the forums. I thought this might be the best place to ask.