Extension Icons and Sync Behavior issues

Hi!

User of Seafile, and looking forward to migrating to Resilio Sync after hearing a bunch of good reviews.

Unfortunately, RS fails to function in some ways that make little sense to me, and I just wanted to know if I'm either expecting too much, found a bug, or maybe just set it up wrong?

Anyways, here are 4 questions that almost 5 hours of Googling could't resolve. Any input would be appreciated!

(Also Resilio support closed my ticket bc I'm not a Pro user)

Here's a link to the images that I want share:

https://link.resilio.com/#f=untitled folder&t=6&i=BGYSS7KR3ERB6T2FFFFMUT2J3CAHU46FR&e=1709886625&v=2.7

This forum doesn't allow me to upload images so here it is!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION 1

• Is there a way to sync the whole folder within Finder via “Sync to this device” and un-sync it without having to get the whole folder to turn into a placeholder? I need to first select the folder and “Remove from this device”, which makes it into a placeholder folder, which I need to “Sync to this device” to make it back to its original state (a normal FOLDER with placeholder FILES)
  • This gets slightly annoying when I sync numerous folders/files within an enclosing folder.
  • See image 1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION 2

• When I sync individual placeholder FILES, either by double-clicking them or selecting “Sync to this device”, a downloading ring appears, which is expected.
  • When I sync the enclosing FOLDER via “Sync to this device,” all placeholder files disappear and the original files reappear once they are “sync’d and downloaded.” It this normal behavior?
  • Images 2 and 3 are pretty much the exact representation of what happens.
  • With large files, this gets pretty annoying as the folders look empty until fully downloaded/synced
  • See image 2 and 3

QUESTION 3

• When syncing, I fail to see the option to cancel sync during the process. Image 4 is what I see if I right-click a syncing file (with the progress ring), and image 5 is what was expected is the image after that (from Resilio tutorial). Is this normal behavior?
  • Also, where are the Resilio icons?
  • See image 4 and 5

QUESTION 4

Thanks in advance!!