A few basic questions

Hi all! I'm considering whether to buy the Sync Family for the following purposes. Can y'all tell me whether it does both of these? I've read a lot of the tutorial and other info but I'm still not sure.

1. Have one "master" folder on a home computer whose entire contents will automatically sync to other PCs, Android phones, and iPhones. (This is the easy one, I think.)

2. Allow family members access to the master folder from their PCs, so they can add files to it manually. I *don't* want any automatic syncing *to* the master folder from any other computer or phone -- just the ability to upload files by hand, so to speak.

No. 1 is the thing I really want, as there are other programs that could do No. 2. But if one program did both, that'd be ideal.

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

For the case #1 definitely yes. you could also share a master folder in read only mode, so that no one else can modify the content.

for #2 not sure what you’re trying to achieve. Adding to a shared master folder will trigger syncing of that folder across devices that are connected to it.