How to Sync File Deletions Across Devices Using Resilio Sync?

Hi everyone,

I'm currently using Resilio Sync to keep my files synchronized between multiple devices. So far, it's working great for syncing additions and modifications. However, I want to make sure that when I delete a file on one device, it automatically gets deleted on all the other devices as well.

I’ve checked the basic settings, but I’m not entirely sure if I need to adjust any specific configurations to make this happen. Does anyone know the correct way to set up Resilio Sync so that file deletions are synced across all devices?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Assuming you're using the Advanced folder type, Deletions are synced automatically and even quicker than other operations. If you turn off the archive option in the corresponding folder's preferences, the deletions are permanent on peers.

8 hours ago, jdrch said:

Assuming you're using the Advanced folder type, Deletions are synced automatically and even quicker than other operations. If you turn off the archive option in the corresponding folder's preferences, the deletions are permanent on peers.

i use it with my phone i need to always click download within the app and then i still need to remove it manually and that's not what I want though?

5 hours ago, JhonBok said:

i use it with my phone i need to always click download within the app and then i still need to remove it manually and that's not what I want though?

That's because you're using Selective Sync for that folder. In Selective Sync, the peer manages/controls whatever files it downloads from the source. If you disable Selective Sync, a deletion on the source will propagate to peers instantly.

On 9/2/2024 at 6:21 PM, jdrch said:

That's because you're using Selective Sync for that folder. In Selective Sync, the peer manages/controls whatever files it downloads from the source. If you disable Selective Sync, a deletion on the source will propagate to peers instantly.

is there a tutorial of some sort bcs when i sync with resilio it's slow and when i do the same task of an 2gb file syncthing is far faster to basicaly the same function????? i'm really missing something (app resilio on phone feels also outdated)

37 minutes ago, JhonBok said:

is there a tutorial of some sort bcs when i sync with resilio it's slow and when i do the same task of an 2gb file syncthing is far faster to basicaly the same function????? i'm really missing something (app resilio on phone feels also outdated)

On the source device, click the + icon and add an Advanced Folder. Select the folder you want to Sync. Then connect to the same folder on the peer. Enter the settings for the folder on the peer and disable Selective Sync. This will sync everything in superfast real-time to the peer. Initial sync will take some time as the files transfer over, but once that's done deletions will sync immediately.

syncthing is far faster to basicaly the same function

IIRC Syncthing's default settings are what I described above, so that's why delete syncing is immediate OOTB. Resilio Sync, OTOH, defaults to Selective Sync.