Few questions about BitTorrentSync

First of, other than the sometimes non-responsive webUI (Which I believe is my fault due to mixing cookies up) and the non-replying webUI (Still no idea why, but, SSH tunneling seems to work), I love this program. It's so nice to have a dropbox-like program that use my servers, without 16GB data caps & the ability to invite unlimited computers in (Vs something like rsync which would require me to propagate files throughout computers using long bash scripts & cron).

However, I have a few questions about this software. For starters, what does "Direct.png" mean? This image:-

dF3UReJ.png

Second, what does "Supernode.png" mean? This image:-

RkXjAmB.png

Third, I believe this software is based off the BitTorrent protocol (Why else would it beon bittorrent.com and called bittorrentsync?), so, my question is, if I have 10 people all sharing the same file, one person updates it, everyone else has to download it. Would it send 1/9th (10 people in group - the 1 (one) who updated it and already has it) to each person, then they share it between them for improved speeds or would it send one WHOLE file to the first person, then one WHOLE file to the second person, etc...?

Sorry if the last one isn't very well explained, I can explain it a bit better if you don't understand it.

EDIT:- Extra question:-

What does this mean? It's a photo taken from my laptop's point-of-view:-

SX24Gu7.png

What I believe it means is:-

LAN (Direct.png) transfer from Tower US (Text) has still got to upload (Up arrow) 2.8MB

WAN (Supernode.png) transfer from Tower UK (Text) has till got to download (Down arrow) 43.8MB

Am I correct? If not, what does it mean?

EDIT:- Another question:-

Does bittorrent sync do any kind of compression before submitting over WAN? I understand that compression over LAN MIGHT in some cases slow it down, but, I can't really think of that over WAN.

EDIT:- Another question, say one of my computers in said share isn't port forwarded (Say one of the members are away from the household, in a hotel or a starbucks), can bitTorrentShare continue to work? By asking one of my servers/other computers to open a connection with, then ask for the data in reverse? Rather than have another computer talk to it?

Quicky response:

The arrows are a LAN connection, the cloud is an internet connection.

In your 1 file, 9 machines, your file would get blocked out and seeded to each peer like you would think Bittorrent works. The peers would share the blocks with each other that they don't have, speeding the entire thing up.

I'll let someone else tackle your other ones(or explain mine better!), I don't have my web ui handy to check.

-Urist

Quicky response:

The arrows are a LAN connection, the cloud is an internet connection.

In your 1 file, 9 machines, your file would get blocked out and seeded to each peer like you would think Bittorrent works. The peers would share the blocks with each other that they don't have, speeding the entire thing up.

I'll let someone else tackle your other ones(or explain mine better!), I don't have my web ui handy to check.

-Urist

Thanks for the first two, the images were really confusing me, I took a stab at what they meant, but, then the name "SuperNode" confused me once again. I stroked(?) them out due to them being answered.