Great effort, but I've notice some odd file behaviour

I think that this is an impressive syncing tool . Runs smoothly and does exactly what it sets out to do. I have noticed a few things that only started happening after I installed the software.

1) While in Photoshop, I was suddenly not allowed to save the file that I was working on. The first save was fine, but by the second save it warned me that I did not have administrative permission to change it,. This had never , ever happened before. When I resaved under a different name the save worked . The original file, however was then corrupted. Stopping Bittorent Sync solved the problem

2) also noticed that when synching my documents folder between my laptop and desktop , in some cases it overrode the newer files and replaced them with older ones , not the other way around. Both are Win7 machines . The date seems to be in order . Once the synching was finished, the problem went away as now,l only the newer files exists on both machines. Still, the original synch did wipe out a bunch of changes I had made as one set of files was (roughly) two months older than another. Luckily, nothing major was lost.

Still, it's an impressive piece of kit.

1) While in Photoshop, I was suddenly not allowed to save the file that I was working on. The first save was fine, but by the second save it warned me that I did not have administrative permission to change it,. This had never , ever happened before. When I resaved under a different name the save worked . The original file, however was then corrupted. Stopping Bittorent Sync solved the problem

Whilst not a Photoshop user myself, some graphics applications tend to keep the file you're working on (or a temporary "working" file copy in the same folder) "open" whilst editing, and changes are written directly to the file as they happen. If Photoshop is creating such "temporary" or "working" copies of files in the same folder, it would be worth excluding these from syncing (through the use of .SyncIgnore), so that the folder contents only changes when you physically "save" your file... this may then solve your problem!?

I've also noticed similar things, like a bug where if I add a file to a zip, it will delete the destination file instead of updating it.

For now, at least until the kinks are worked out, I am only going to use BT Sync to synchronize mostly static files. I don't think it's ready to synchronize directories that are in active use, bi-directionally. I find this perfectly acceptable as it is alpha release software and I'm not in a tizzy over it.