Initial sync on LAN then future syncing over WAN

I would like to use the speed of the local gigabit network to one way backup my photography files from one Drobo to another. After the initial sync, can I attach the 2nd Drobo offsite to another computer with the same one way key? Will the sending computer see the already transfered files and leave them, only updating new files, or will it attempt to overwrite?

This is about 4 terabytes of raw files and edits I would like to have a offsite backup of.

Thanks,

Scott

I didn't get very far with the initial indexing and had to start over. I was somewhere in the the 700k of files indexed and BTSync started throwing memory errors. I decided to break down the syncing of two main folders instead. I am currently syncing the first one. It seemed like I should let BTSync index and then sync after the completion of the initial indexing since doing both for such a large amount of files was going extremely slow.

Things I am noticing are about 5% max of my gigabit network per each 12 to 75Mb file or about 1.5MB/s with lan encryption off and TCP on.

In Window 7 Processes, STSync.exe is using about 400k of memory. Is that normal?

I tried somthing similar... But I run into problems with the number of files... Windows (and my synology NAS) do both run into memory problems. I seems to me that there is a fundemantal problem that needs solving, when syncing large directory's with huge number of files... So i will keep waiting and hoping, with smaller directory's it works great btw!

I would like to use the speed of the local gigabit network to one way backup my photography files from one Drobo to another. After the initial sync, can I attach the 2nd Drobo offsite to another computer with the same one way key? Will the sending computer see the already transfered files and leave them, only updating new files, or will it attempt to overwrite?

This is about 4 terabytes of raw files and edits I would like to have a offsite backup of.

Thanks,

Scott

I'm attempting the same thing with a pair of Drobos. One folder in particular has over 4TB of data. I've noticed that when indexing that folder BT Sync eventually stops and becomes unresponsive. I've started noting at what number of indexed files this happens. Right now, it appears to be stuck at 531,178.

If I kill BT Sync and re-start it, the number of indexed files goes down and appears to count up again.