deleted folders reappere

I am running BTSync version 1.0.134 on all devices.

I have a PC and two Mac clients syncing to one central Mac server. On all devices, I have all the boxes unchecked on the share options except predefined hosts. On all clients, I have the host name and port of the central Mac defined.On the Mac server share definition, I have all general tab boxes cleared except the predefined host box but there is no host defined.

Syncing works fine with this setup except:

On the clients, I delete folders that existed in the sync directory when Sync was first established they are recreated within 5 minutes. I assume that BTsync is not propogating the deletion of these folders and they are then being added back in.

.SyncIgnore contains:

.DS_Store
.DS_Store?
._*
.Spotlight-V100
.Trashes
Icon?
ehthumbs.db
desktop.ini
Thumbs.db

Interesting thing:

With BTSync running as above, I can create and delete these new folders and the creations & deletions sync OK.

Here is the test and its results.;

1. Create test foder on PC client
  2. Create test folder on Mac client
  3. Wail till folders propagate (took 5 minutes but the history did not record any folder actions on either client.)
  4. Delete both test folders on PC.
  5. Wait for the delete to propagate. (took 5 minutes but the history did not record any folder actions on either client.)

What's goin on?

Could it be that BTSync needs to start with an empty sync folder and only indexes the contents if they are added while sync is running?

Please check that the system clock on all your devices is correct, and also update to the latest build (1.1.15), as this may solve your problem

Could it be that BTSync needs to start with an empty sync folder and only indexes the contents if they are added while sync is running?

No, you can add folders with existing content to Sync - the folders you add don't have to be initially empty! ...as I say, please update to the latest build, and report back if you're still experiencing an issue once all your devices are running 1.1.15

Please check that the system clock on all your devices is correct, and also update to the latest build (1.1.15), as this may solve your problem

Took awhile to find the latest version because I was using the download link from the main page and the Check for update button in the app. both pointed to the old version.

Found and loaded 1.1.15 on all devices. Problem solved.

Thanks!