BitTorrent Sync Forum Categories

w411

Would be a lot easier to find information that pertains to what people are looking for if the posts in here were categorized (ie. Windows, *ix, Android etc).

Especially the Wishlist, instead of one long post you could sort by views/replies and actually see which features are the most in demand.

Well, it's really up to people who start new threads to "tag" their threads with relevant keywords.

That said, if you wish to find posts relating to say Sync on Android, you could just search this forum, or an individual thread for instances of the word "android", etc - where this does fall down, though, is if you want to search for say "TCP" or "UDP" or "NAT", etc, as the Search function doesn't allow search strings of less than 4 characters! :(

When the content is over 800 topics and over 5,000 posts it's time to simplify. It's by far the most active subforum of BitTorent Labs:

http://d.pr/i/lBj6

The wishlist is the best resource for developers to see what people are interested in, 99% of the wishlist suggestions are not of interest to me and it's possible the 1% I was interested in is not of interest to 99% of users. The point is, currently there is no way for developers to know one way or the other without combing through a 20+ page post. They can also close threads or edit the title so people know they are now added features.

Also, it's like reading the news, you don't go to CNN and have every story listed on one page, although I'm sure you could use a search there too and find keywords if you know what you are looking for. People like to browse things that are of interest to them, if they are categorized, you can sort by views and see things that are trending as they pertain to your interest.

When the content is over 800 topics and over 5,000 posts it's time to simplify. It's by far the most active subforum of BitTorent Labs:

Yes, but that's why there's a search function!! :P For example, search this forum for the word "android", and there are only 37 results!

The point is, currently there is no way for developers to know one way or the other without combing through a 20+ page post.

Please read the Unofficial FAQ in relation to the "Wishlist" - the developers ARE keeping track of the popularity of each suggestion made! ...besides, you don't have to read every post in the Wishlist thread in order to be able to contribute to it! - it's fine if you suggest something that's already been suggested... the more people that suggest the same feature(s), the more likely the developers will give them more consideration.

In summary, please use the search function, and don't worry about the developers not picking up on suggestions made in the wishlist thread - they do!

I was simply using the advantage to the developers as a random point, not doubting they are keeping track of feature requests. By your suggested logic users should also be able to search for feature requests, errors & solutions etc for the BitTorrent Client, but there are subcategories there.

While I appreciate the enthusiasm to interact with users, it was just a suggestion not really requiring a reply.