BTSync 1.1.40 - WinXP crashes

leo

I use Trillian for chatting. The log directories of Trilliian are synced by BTSync.

When I started a Chat on my Win7-Client the Win XP-Client crashes after downloading the changed log-file from Trillian.

I let btsync send the dump file. BTSync restarted and crashed again. This until I closed the chat.

Seems that I can reproduce the behaviour: I again started a chat with Trillian on the Win7 computer and the XP client crashed after it has downloaded the changed log file.

Well ...

The computer that holds the source of this data was: Win7 64 Bit SP 1 with constant updates

The client that crashes (an old Asis Eee PC 1000h: Win XP Home SP3 also patched to the current level,

Both computers run BTSync 1.1.40

Yesterday I put the Eee-PC (that one that crashed) into hibernation. Now I restastarted it and it tried to resync. Now it crashes again. I can see that it is synchronizing the thunderbird-cache (still thinking about if it is a smart idea, but it worked in my previous scenario) without thunderbird being open at both computers. (Yesterday eventing I started thunderbird so the changes are OK)

After 4 crashes (I always answered to send the dump to the developers and the application restarted)

In the History on the Win7 computer I can see that the XP-Computer sent 4 files out of the Thunderbird cache back to the Win7 computer. Why? The XP Computer wasn't switched on and also Thunderbird not started on that computer. So a back-transfer is not to be expected!

Now after 4 crashes, sendig dumps to the developers and restarting the app, BTSync states to be in sync again. (Also no activity on the hard-drive, so one can expect that this is the truth)

1.1.42 seems to have fixed the crashes.

Restarted computer. updated client and started BTSync.

Client synced OK.

Started a chat on Win7 with Trillian. Changed log-files were transferred. Here 1.1.40 crashed on XP. Now they were synced.

Also opened Thunderbird on Win7. While working there the changed files were synced without problems to XP.

So I think this bug is fixed.