Hi together

I have two NAS devices. One is a Synology (DS-212J (Slave)) and the other one is a QNAP (TS-895Pro + (Master)). I spent a lot of time to try synchronize this two NAS by using RSYNC. From Synology to NAS is no problem, but in the other direction it doesn’t work. After several hours searching I found BitTorrentSync.

There is my Question:

Is it possible to synchronize this two devices by using BitTorrent sync? (I haven’t found a client for a NAS operation system.)

Cheers Remo

Yes, this is what btsync does :)

It will be a bi-directional sync (files added to either Synology or the QNap will be synced to the other). If you really want a one-way sync, you'll need to setup the "slave" as a read-only peer (which means setting up the "master" first)

Thanks fukawi2

Do you have any idea how to setup this configuration. It was not possible by using the gui. I haven't found settings on the GUI, which enables me to configure a Nas2Nas synchronization.

(Two days later: )

Now I spent one more time 4 hours to find out how to synchronize mine two NAS devices. For me is important to synchronize one folder. It doesn't matter if it is read only or not. That would be nice, but not a main goal.

If anybody have an advice it would be great. I searched for a client version for a synology NAS operating system, but I haven’t found an answer.

Cheers