Sync not finished

krs

Hi,

I'm testing btsync with a friend, I shared a huge collection of files (5709 files for 46.7GB over several folders). The sync started and after a couple of days it has stopped. However not all the files are synced, on my side the status tell me this:

46.7GB in 5709 files | <-> My_friend | ^ 6.1GB

But nothing is uploading : 0.0kB/s up, 0.0kB/s down

On my friend side :

40.5 GB in 408 files | Synced

As we didn't have much time to investigate further, this situation has stayed the same for months.

Yesterday we updated to the beta version 1.1.42 and gave it another try. On my friend side btsync as indexed the whole folder again and then showed the "synced" status. Same situation as before, we still have thousands of files missing.

What can we do ?

Thank you.

Configuration :

My side : Ubuntu 13.04 64bit

other side: windows 7

It may be that:

1) Some of the files are currently open/locked in other applications, and therefore won't transfer until they're closed

2) Some files are being ignored/excluded from the sync (check your .SyncIgnore files on both devices to see what's being excluded, and also ensure they're identical on both devices)

I have the same issue.

When I reboot both machines btsync will hang at different files and show a similar massage as the OP stated, but with different files sizes left (sometiems just 100 MB, than 19 GB, then 6GB and so on)

It's a shotwell folder with JPGs ordered by date

The files ar not opend in any application and I've never used the .Syncgnore files so far.

My system:

Lubuntu 13.04

btsync 1.1.42

installed from PPA (https://launchpad.net/~tuxpoldo)

and

Synology DS211j

btsync 1.1.42

installed from synocommunity package and updated manual

I'm in the work for the debug.txt … (see http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/21818-how-to-enabled-debug-on-linux/)

Thank you for your advice GreatMarko. The files are certainly not opened, but could it be a problem of permissions (user/group) of the files? I'll check if the permissions are consistent through my files and folders.

The files ar not opend in any application and I've never used the .Syncgnore files so far.

.SyncIgnore files are still there and do contain a set of default exclusion rules, so even if you've never edited them yourself, it's still worth checking that the files, filetypes & folders you're syncing aren't being excluded without your knowledge!

I have the same issue. I've set up a backup from my Android (1.1.21) phone to my home PC. Both directories have all the files in them. But the PC client shows ^3.9 GB. The really strange part, unless I've misunderstood, is why would my PC think it needs to upload to a RO sync source?

EDIT: Although!! I did have an issue with 2 large files that refused to send more than 1023 pieces (or the PC refused to acknowledge more than 1023 pieces), so they never completed on their own. I have since deleted the two files (totaling approx. 3.9 GB!) from the phone. Maybe the PC gets confused when the source deletes files from a Backup (RO) sync?

I changed the permissions recursively (775) and the owner as well, then waited 10min but nothing happened.

After that I renamed one of the shared folder and imediately BTSync started to send data. I'll wait to see if it can finish the sync this time.