prevent automatic sync on Windows client?

The Android app allows toggling automatic sync. Is there any way to do that in Windows? That kind of download-on-demand functionality would be welcome on my laptops that have SSD's with limited space.

Well, the only way you can really achieve an "on demand" sync is to keep Sync "paused" (right click on the tray icon, and select "Pause Syncing") and then when you actually want to sync, right click and select "Resume Syncing"

You can right click on the tray icon, and select "Pause Syncing" / "Resume Syncing"

That pauses everything, but I mean reproduce the same ind of download-on-demand functionality of the Android app: some folders continue to sync automatically while others don't. I don't want to have to pause all syncing for that. The point is to be able to retrieve things as needed from a 500GB directory that automatically syncs among large clients while working on a laptop with a 256GB SSD.

Basically, I'm saying that the Android app's split ON DEVICE/REMOTE file browsers would be truly useful in the Windows version.