JimmyTheSaint

Members
  • Content Count

    306
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

About JimmyTheSaint

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling
  • Location
    台北

Recent Profile Visitors

689 profile views
  1. To be clear: the 110 error happens every single time, 100% of the time without fail, within minutes, on each and every share, regardless of its size or number of files. The 110 error appears to happen as a result of the phone sleeping, which it constantly has to do. In other words, it always and constantly occurs until I reboot my phone. Upon reboot, the phone overwrites all the other clients with its old files. So re-adding the folder won't help because such a fix would only last for minutes and then lead to a data disaster. Your workaround for Linux is truly disheartening because you're
  2. Sorry to pile on the melodrama while emotions are otherwise running high, but I can't see my situation as other than depressing: I've been syncing a small folder of 2MB and 23 files between my Windows clients, Linux NAS and Android S4. Only the Windows boxes sync properly, the Linux NAS won't transfer any data, and the phone keeps reproducing the disastrous old-overwrites-new problem. On my S4, I have "Battery saver" and "Auto-sleep" turned off. I'm WiFi only with no data plan, so "Use mobile data" is unchecked. At first everything works, but I always eventually get "Unknown error: 110" on e
  3. This is different enough from my other "110" thread that I'm making it a separate topic. As described in my other "110" thread, I've synced a 2MB, 23 file folder no problem (though I frequently have to fix its 110 problem by rebooting.) But my 8GB folder of 23,000 never syncs. At first, it syncs at a super-slow pace on my home LAN, whereas 1.3 would eventually go at 2-3Mb/s as expected. But 2.0 gives me the 110 error after replicating the tree structure, but transferring only a few hundred files. The Android client will then show as syncing on my Windows clients, but no progress is made. Even
  4. This is an informational question, not a troubleshooting question. I just want to find out if anyone has seen "unknown error: 110" on Android and I'd like to get the definition of this error.
  5. I specified a folder on the external SD card as the default folder when first adding my phone as a device. It synced one small folder correctly. I have a large folder that it starting syncing extremely slowly (much more slowly than 1.3), but it stopped making progress after 600 out of 20,000 files. Now both folder just keep showing "Unknown error: 110."
  6. I'm doing my initial 2.0 setup with everything on my home LAN. I clean installed on one Windows laptop, then clean installed on a second Windows laptop, adding the device key supplied by the first. It syncs, no problem. Then I run btsync on my Synology DS213+ NAS where I have a shared folder properly set up. At the initial setup, I supply the same key to link devices, and everything appears to be fine, except it finishes syncing instantly and then shows the size of all four of my sync folders as 0 KB. Everything looks correct, and each sync folder contains its properly set up .sync directory.
  7. That's something to look forward to, then. But it would be a nice feature if we could manually control the parameters around deleting peers.
  8. In the 2.0 Windows and Linux clients, I can't find a version number specified. I'd have expected to find this info in an "about" menu item.
  9. With 2.0, I synced my Android phone with my Windows clients by manually adding folders one at a time. I then had some issues, so I disconnected the phone's sync folders, uninstalled the Android app, and rebooted the phone. My Windows clients still include the Android client in the "Peers online" count, indicating the phone is presently offline. How do you get a client to permanently forget one of its former peers? I mean, I really don't want my current devices to accumulate a list of all the devices I've ever synced indifferently to their present status.
  10. Oh, I see it now: the three-dots menu in the My Devices pane. I had been trying Settings>Identity details. I would think that allowing to change the device name under settings is at least as intuitive as under My Devices--perhaps allow both places? Eh?--2.0.44 just let me change numerous times. I only did a quick install to re-check the renaming ability, and my phone has no other 2.0 peers. EDIT: crap, I just realized that 2.0.44 upgrades and doesn't do a parallel install. So now my Android is running 2.0.44, but my Linux and Windows devices are all 1.3.109. Android 2.0.44 marks the sy
  11. The "Camera backup" enable/disable switch remains permanently in my list of folders, even if I never want to enable it. That's annoying to users who never intend to enable it, and I'd hate to accidentally touch the enable switch and start a data transfer that I then have to clean up. While it's alpha and I'm still running my "production" 1.3 version that syncs my camera folder, I'm never going to enable camera backup in the alpha version. So the sooner I can hide that option, the better.
  12. I'd like to provide more obvious, user-friendly device names for my Android devices. For example, "S4" instead of "GT-I9500." The default on Windows is OK because it's the name I've given to my computer. But the Android device name apparently defaults to what the manufacturer has named it, and those names are hard to track.
  13. OK, but I just tried reading history.day with Ultima's BEncode Editor, and it's basically useless for reading history this way to do the necessary bookkeeping to verify if anything's been lost and to restore stuff. We either need a history reading utility that will make history as readable as in 1.3 or a conversion utility that will convert history.dat into a ledger that can be used in case of a disaster or a suspected problem.