Bittorrent Sync removes files and folders by itself

Hello!

I have the following setup:

1) ubuntu server with static public IP

2) 2 computers, win7 x64, both connected to internet via the same NAT.

Both Win7 machines connected to folder on the Ubuntu Server.

Now, when I create a folder with some files on one of the Win7 machines, it starts to upload it to the server and eventually to the second Win7 machine. However, after a few minutes the "bittorrent sync" software on the initial Win7 reports, that the folder and all it's content has been removed. And the folder actually disappears!!! In a few seconds content is being eliminated from the Ubuntu server and second Win7 machine claims the following for some of the files: "Failed to download <address of the file> - WriteToDisk: Access is denied." And removes everything as well.

The names of the files and folders are OK - all english, short ones, without any special symbols.

The funny part - if I'm just dropping files to the synced folder (and not folders with files) - everything works perfect.

What is going on here?

Thank you.

What is going on here?

The clue is probably in the "WriteToDisk: Access is denied" error(!)

This would generally indicate that Sync is unable to access the destination location in order to save data, perhaps because of insufficient disk space, or because the permissions on the destination folder prevent Sync from writing to it.

The clue is probably in the "WriteToDisk: Access is denied" error(!)

This would generally indicate that Sync is unable to access the destination location in order to save data, perhaps because of insufficient disk space, or because the permissions on the destination folder prevent Sync from writing to it.

I though so, but there is huge free space there and it is able to sync the files, but not the folders with files.

In addition, it starts to sync - I see the files starting to appear on the secon Win7 machine. I even can open them. But at some point everything crashes and all stuff is deleted.

Are you shure the rights on the Ubuntu machine are correct?

I have a feeling you have no access on the Ubuntu machine to write the folders, causing the sync not to occur and remove the folders on all locations

Unfortunately, no.

The permissions is OK, since I have another synced folder on Ubuntu server, to which Win7 and Android are connected. No problem at all - it synchronizes files and folders.

The permissions are the same for both directories in Ubuntu.

Please check the system clock on all your devices is correct, if one or more of them isn't this could explain why some files start to appear and shortly after seemingly disappear again.

The problem is solved.

The folders which were synchronized on one of the Win7 computers were network shares.

In spite of the fact, that the access to the shares was open for writing for everyone, the Bittorrent Sync application was unable to create folders there - only files, as I described earlier.

I mapped drives for those network locations, and not the sync work fine.

In my mind this is a bug, which has to be covered in FAQ, until it will be solved in future versions.

Anyway, thanks to all for the attention and help.